Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Brinkley's Arrival...



On September 21st we were blessed to welcome our first little one, Miss Brinkley Jane! Dr. C advised us to go to the hospital after calling him with minor pregnancy issues. So we arrived at Winnie Palmer at 11:30am and around 1:00pm found out they were going to admit me! Ike and I were shocked. Thank goodness we had grabbed our bags on the way out. They induced me at 2:05pm and Brinkley was born at 7:09pm! I was so lucky to have an amazing labor and surrounded by many friends and family that were wishing us the best. Our experience with the hospital, their staff and visits from all of our loved ones was incredible!

We were released on Thursday evening and arrived home around 5:30pm! Brinkley had her first doctors appointment on Friday the 24th and we were told she was healthy. No jaundice, passed her hearing test, lost a little weight(which is normal) and great with her reflexes! This was the best feeling walking out knowing she was healthy and happy! That's what we had prayed about for 9 months!

Since her arrival she is getting acclimated at home, spending a ton of time with her grand-parents and visiting with our friends! She definitely is in love with her mommy & daddy...haha at least I am claiming that! My mother is in town for several weeks and been such a help around the house and with her. It's going to be a shock when it's just Ike and I but I have no doubt we will be fine!



We go for our 2 week check up on October 5th so I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment