Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Weekend Away!

When you have your first child you measure time by their "FIRST" everything!  You start realizing small things that usually would never matter, have become the BIGGEST deals.  If I take Brinkley with me to get ice cream and its her "FIRST" time in an ice cream shop then we take pictures and make notations about our outing, a little over the top I know.  But it really makes every immaterial moment matter! 
This past weekend was one of those moments.  I spent three nights in Destin celebrating my new cousin to be, Myles Bachelorette Party!  Which meant leaving Ike at home with Brinks for the first time.  Yes, I have left her for a night or two but not solely with Ike.  Although he ended up spending most of his free time at his parents house, he again proved to be such a wonderful father. As if I had any doubts.  And Saturday while I was in between a gorgeous beach day and celebration festivities, Brinkley began grasping her balance while sitting!  This only continued to Sunday where the length of time she could hold the upright position grew!  It was so good to get away and spend time with Myles and my cousins but boy did I miss being apart of those little achievments! 


Soon to be Mrs. Rowley...so excited to welcome Myles into the family!

Brinks sitting up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment