Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend!

A year ago, I kept reminding myself that I was going to be a "MOM"!  I remember thinking it sounded so mature and odd that I was going to be responsible for someone else...lol! Of course this holiday has always been a way to say "thank you" to my Mom for all that she does...but after experiencing the other end of MOTHERHOOD for the last 7 Months...WOW I really owe Mom big time!  I finally realize all the time and effort that she put into me.
Waking up with the sound of Brinks chuckles as her and Daddy brought in my presents, is the best Mother's Day present ever!  A HAPPY, HEALTHY BABY!  She has been such a light in my life since I saw the first sonogram over a year ago!  You can't imagine how much you can love someone so tiny and precious!  Every single day I look forward to her peeking over the crib and smiling at me, as I go in to pick her up! This holiday was all that I imagined it would be and I am so BLESSED to call myself a MOMMY!
I hope all of the Mommies had an amazing day!  A HUGE thank you to the ones closest to our hearts: Tammy Jane, Ms. Kelley, Mamaw Essie, Grandma Jo, Nanny, Aunt Ashe-leigh and Aunt Kelsey!  We love you guys and appreciate all of your support and guidance!
Ike and I got a baby sitter on Saturday night so that we could attend our
friends Annual Kentucky Derby Party!  We had so much fun!
Mother's Day evening Grandpa and Grammy kept Brinks so we could go to
dinner for our 2nd Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment