Monday, June 13, 2011

A New Hobby!

I have been in the redecorating mood lately so I started with my kitchen table last week!  It was given to Ike and I when we moved in our house by a family friend!  It was great wood but needed to be refinished, so instead I antiqued it and the legs of my chairs! Then added new knobs to the drawers!  All I need now is a bench for the front!


Before

Knob Before
Knob After



After
So with my first antiquing project behind me and a push to continue the fun, I went garage sale shopping on Saturday with Ike.  The first stop we found a pine trunk with the receipt still in it from 2001.  The owner originally paid $426.00!  I bought it for $20.00 and took in to my sister-in-law Kelsey's house and we had an antiquing day with the kiddo's!  She took on the large project of redoing all of her kitchen cabinets while I played with my trunk!


Before
After


4 comments:

  1. I love them!! The table and trunk look great!!You need to do a tutorial on how you did the antiquing!!
    My husband was working on a job in Laurinburg SC a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy who worked with another construction company there. They got to talking and found out my husband was from Lincolnton and they guy said that he had a friend who he played football with at SC who married a girl from Lincolnton and it was you!! Small world!! I know we have probably never officially met but I do hair so I know a lot of people in Lincolnton who know everybody (you know how that goes!) So I was able to put it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I love redoing things and especially shopping at consignment stores! Looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you being creative :) they look great!!

    ReplyDelete