Monday, August 15, 2011

What happens in Vegas...requires HEELS!

Thursday morning on a bittersweet departure I left my sweet baby girl for a long weekend in Vegas with my hubby! A few shed tears and I was out the door! Ike and I haven't been to Vegas just the two of us in 4 years so we were really looking forward to some quality time in Sin City and I was thrilled for a weekend of stilettos and mini skirts! 

Vegas was amazing as always! Thursday we bounced around the strip and ended up at a awesome piano bar in New York, New York!!! Then Ike had a cadaver course on Friday so I spent the day at the Spa and afternoon at the Cosmopolitan pool!!! Such fun! We saw "Vegas the Show" and had dinner at Bellagio with the best view of the dancing water! Our final day, we spent the evening watching our favorite Gordie Brown in OLD Vegas!! 

It was a perfect vacation! A good realization that although we love and worship our time as a family, we need a few days occasionally for us! 

Yesterday, as I traveled back home from the best weekend, I could have jumped out of my skin with excitement to see my girl!! My mother brought her to pick me up and her face lit up when she saw us! It was precious!  I could have squeezed the life out of her!  She looked so big(yea to a mother a lot can change in 3 days)!

So my heels are put away and my motherly routine of snacks, diapers and naps have began with a BIG smile! 



No comments:

Post a Comment