Sunday, July 24, 2011

Battle of the PACI...

The BATTLE OF THE PACI!!!!  Well since the beginning Brinkley has taken a pacifier, which was great!  It really soothed her in times of need and helped push us from one feeding to next.  If she ever woke at night I would stick the pacifier back in her mouth and out she went.  It was perfect!


But now we are reaching the 1 year mark in just a few months and I have told myself we would let go of it soon before or soon after that date!  I don't want her relying on it or it hanging out her mouth when she is 3 years old.  I know some parents allow it but I think the longer I wait the harder it will be to break.

So HOW???  Well I try not to let her have it in public and only use it for nap and bedtime.  But I have already seen the convience of it!  If we are out and about and she starts getting fussy, it works like a charm!  HELP!!!!!  This is why we are called parents!  All I want to do is grab it out of my pocket and stick it in her mouth....but I have to be strong and patient and let her cry it out!  So over the next few months say a prayer for me.  That I can be strong enough not to tamper with my temptation but to face this head on!!!




 COME ON BRINKS...WE CAN DO THIS!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment